Monday, November 14, 2005

Great Free Program from Microsoft

Microsoft, who is not usually known for giving things away for free, has recently purchased a program called Folder Share. Simply put, this great program allows you to do several things:

  1. set up your own 2 person peer to peer network.
  2. sync files from one computer to another.
  3. Access your computer or device remotely.

Currently, I use this program to keep my laptop and desktop synched together. I keep all my important files on my desktop, but since many of them are updated on a regular basis (my supporter database for example) it can be a real hassle keeping two sets of data up to date. Not to mention I often take my laptop with me to coffee shops when I prep for a Sunday school class or other lesson. In the past, I would have to dump my PowerPoint or Word doc onto a thumb drive to move it from one computer to another. With Folder Share, you can tell the system what files and folder to "sync up" and it will automatically update both systems. So if I work on a slide show at the coffee house, as soon as I save it the changes will register on my desktop computer.

Hope you guys find this useful as much as I did.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home